To safeguard the air, water, land, wildlife and natural systems that sustain and enhance life on earth by promoting responsible stewardship and conservation, empowering fellow conservatives, and advancing the original conservative philosophy that compels us to be good stewards of our natural heritage.
Conservatives for Responsible Stewardship (CRS) is a national nonprofit grassroots organization founded on the premise that environmental stewardship and natural resource conservation are inherently conservative, and that the true conservative will be a good steward of the natural systems and resources that sustain life on earth.
As such we:
- Foster better understanding among fellow conservatives about conservatism’s stewardship requirement
- Promote action to effectively address environmental challenges
- Support solutions to environmental problems that are smart, efficient, fiscally responsible and economically sound
- Empower conservatives to be good stewards and confidently engage on environment and natural resource issues
- Challenge notions that impede fulfillment of our stewardship obligation, including those advanced under the guise of conservatism
By advancing our mission, we stay true to that genuine conservatism—articulated by Edmund Burke and promoted by great American conservative leaders from Theodore Roosevelt to Ronald Reagan—which instructs us to rise above lesser instincts and pure self-interest to leave a better world for our children and grandchildren.
We provide a critical counterbalance to those on the political right who have lost sight of their stewardship duty, and to those on the political left whose mistrust of capitalism often results in unworkable policies that polarize more than resolve.
The work we do enhances the health and well-being of everyone. It helps safeguard the air we breathe, the water we drink and the special places that refresh and inspire us. It strengthens our society by encouraging balance between freedom and responsibility. It strengthens our nation by promoting sustainable economic growth and helping ensure that we do not squander our natural wealth.
If you are a conservative who is committed to conservation and environmental stewardship, please join us.